Tualatin OR – Bloomington MN – Remote
Come to work every day knowing that you are making a difference. OpenRoad is a well-known leader in the third-party logistics industry. Our fast-paced sales model and innovative technology has propelled us from a small startup to one of the fastest growing freight brokerage firms in the Pacific Northwest. Our commitment to daily improvement and our dedication to exceeding our customers’ expectations are what makes us a company people are proud to be associated with. We believe that the potential of our company has no limit and is driven by our employees and their imagination. We take pride in everything we do – and it all begins with the incredible people who call OpenRoad their home.
About The Role
As a Customer Sales Representative at OpenRoad Transportation, Inc. (ORT) you will be responsible for selling our industry-leading services, with the full support of a team of professionals, processes, and technology behind you. You will develop new and existing customer relationships in order to move their freight in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Identify prospects utilizing ZoomInfo®, web search engines, personal networking, industry publications, etc.
- Utilize research skills to prepare for sales calls and identify decision makers
- Cold call leads
- Identify prospect needs and educate/persuade prospects to utilize ORT’s service offerings
- Research and understand market trends, industry standards, and localized environments to provide accurate quotes/pricing
- Maintain and develop relationships with prospect and existing customer accounts
- Collaborate with Operations and Carrier teams to ensure complete load visibility
- Possess a sense of urgency in all matters, especially concerning problem resolution and prevention
- Possess excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Have a sense of urgency, self-confidence, passion, open-mindedness, and commitment to do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer
- At least 2 years of experience in transportation, warehouse, or logistics
- At least 2 years of experience in sales and/or customer service
- Advance your career with a reliable company committed to sustainable growth
- Full benefits package
- Competitive salary and variable compensation with opportunities for advancement
- Professional, fast-paced, collaborative culture
- Flexible work schedules
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position you are applying for in the subject line.