Dallas OR – Tualatin OR – Bloomington MN – Remote
Come to work every day knowing that you are making a difference. OpenRoad is a well-known leader in the third-party logistics industry. Our fast-paced sales model and innovative technology has propelled us from a small startup to one of the fastest growing freight brokerage firms in the Pacific Northwest. Our commitment to daily improvement and our dedication to exceeding our customers’ expectations are what makes us a company people are proud to be associated with. We believe that the potential of our company has no limit and is driven by our employees and their imagination. We take pride in everything we do – and it all begins with the incredible people who call OpenRoad their home.
About The Role
As a Carrier Sales Representative at OpenRoad Transportation, Inc. (ORT) you will be responsible for securing the right carrier, at the right price, at the right time in order to deliver our customers’ freight with superior execution. Our best reps excel in relationship building/management, while simultaneously fulfilling our customers’ needs and optimizing business for our carrier partners.
- Responsible for ensuring that shipments are picked up and delivered on time while meeting customer requirements
- LTL (Less Than Truckload) focused for partial loads
- Provide clear communication with the drivers hauling our freight, ensuring they have the proper equipment and are a positive reflection of ORT
- Report service issues promptly and pro-actively to the Account Manager/Sales Rep whenever they arise, based on the severity of the issue. Always provide immediate notification of possible claims
- Review and maintain carrier database to optimize efficiency in finding capacity to meet customer and shipment needs
- Responsible for building relationships with existing and new motor carriers in order to optimize their business needs
- Expand carrier database by continuously finding new, viable carriers and entering pertinent searchable equipment and lane information into the system
- Assist fellow team members in covering loads or assisting in the office as needed with check calls and appointments
- Understand and uphold company values and mission, have a “customer is why we are here” mentality and always do the next right thing to meet or exceed customer satisfaction and protect company interests
- Treat customers, carriers, and fellow team members with respect
- High School diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Work with a sense of urgency, have self-confidence, a passion for the work you do, open-minded, and a commitment to do whatever it takes to satisfy our customers and partners
- LTL Common Carrier experience preferred
- Some experience in transportation, warehouse, or logistics helpful but not required.
- Sales and/or customer skills a plus
- Advance your career with a reliable company committed to sustainable growth
- Full benefits package
- Competitive salary and variable compensation with opportunities for advancement
- Professional, fast-paced, collaborative culture
- Flexible work schedules
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position you are applying for in the subject line.